Intergalactic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Intergalactic

RPG

+2
CBrooke
Salow
6 posters

OoC (Out of Character conversation)

Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty OoC (Out of Character conversation)

Post  Salow Tue May 15, 2012 3:31 am

Like a particular moment during the game? Want to convey thoughts to another player, that's not possible in character? Put it all here.
    CBrooke
    CBrooke

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty Re: OoC (Out of Character conversation)

Post  CBrooke Wed May 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Do any of us know each other in the game?
    Mittens
    Mittens

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty Re: OoC (Out of Character conversation)

Post  Mittens Thu May 17, 2012 2:05 am

I know Salow personally. As for who my character knows... No one yet.
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Mittens wrote:I know Salow personally. As for who my character knows... No one yet.

I knew someone would say that!

This is Courntey's first foray into forums, so I wanted to give her a taste of how posting works.

As far as if characters know each other ... well ... that could always been established as the game goes on. But it wouldn't hurt to know this beforehand.
    Timothius
    Timothius

Post  Timothius Thu May 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Finally got this board to work. Turns out I was typing the wrong user name. XD

As for characters, I have some ideas. I only wanna play one of the ideas, so I figured I could list 'em here and see which one you want me to go for.

Angel - female human. Extreme marksman (obsessed with never missing). Psychologist who likes to manipulate people.
    Ikia - female ewok. Jedi. And yes, I'm aware the time frame would normally not allow it. But I have an idea for how it would be possible.
    Maverick - male human. Little boy who acts like a grown up. Loves spying and is ultra-sneaky.
    Timothius - male cat-like race (suggestions welcome). Medic, possible senatorial ties. Two possible looks for him:
    ( .... "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." >.> )
    Nevermind. Anyway... just gimme a thought on a race to use. And if wings are allowed or not.
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Thu May 17, 2012 9:16 pm

I like this guy ... although Angel could work too

Timothius wrote:
    Timothius - male cat-like race (suggestions welcome). Medic, possible senatorial ties. Two possible looks for him

Timothius could be one of several cat-like races:
    Cathar, lion-like race, with retractable claws
    Togorian, tiger-like, large creature, strong and low-light vision
    Trianii, wise felines, with prehensile tails, and a knack for acrobatics

No wings though, sorry ... please post your character concept asap, but I will go ahead and get him started at least, as far as the story goes.
    jvango66
    jvango66

Character sheet
    Name: Rogarr MacDonald
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty My intro

Post  jvango66 Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

My character was "forced to retire" as an Admiral? At the age of 23?
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Fri May 18, 2012 7:39 pm

jvango66 wrote:My character was "forced to retire" as an Admiral? At the age of 23?

Sorry Jay, I thought I read your guy's age as a lot older. Let me go in and edit that ... my fault
    Dandros
    Dandros

Character sheet
    Name: Dandros
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Dandros Fri May 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Did i steal from his daughter? or am i framed...
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Sat May 19, 2012 2:41 am

Dandros wrote:Did i steal from his daughter? or am i framed...

Player's choice, I can roll either way ... I kinda figured you'd try to escape either way ...
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty Note to Players

Post  Salow Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 am

PLEASE be descriptive in your posts. I know that sometimes there's a simple answer to what's being posted, but please TRY to expunge on what you're doing.

Rather than simply posting a response like: John goes to the store and buys some ammunition. Tell me, tell us, what maybe happened on the way there. Or the interaction he had with the shop keeper at AmmuNation. Please feel free to create an NPC if need be. While the obvious answer is the easiest one to go with, please take a chance at the less obvious. For instance (I will use an example from a conversation I had with Tim).

Tim
    Most people aren't writers by nature, and PCs can only control their character, nothing more. Unless you specify we control more than our characters.

Me
    I guess I was kind of hoping you would take control of the scene ...
    Such as Timothius' case: He comes upon the body of a fallen crewman, there's blood everywhere. Now sure, the easy response is to assess the scene and let the GM tell you what happens. OR you, as the player, could take control of the scene, in which YOU determine the fate of crewman. Does he live? Does he die? Your choice.
    Like, "Dad! There's so much blood! I don't know what to do!" Tim's father takes over, blah, blah, blah and saves the man's life.
    Or the wounds are to severe, even for your father to cure, and the man dies.
    Or Tim sums all his courage and takes lead, doing what he can, but alas the man dies.
    Or through some amazing skill, and a guiding hand, the man survives, and Tim is honored by the crew.
    Or perhaps a miracle happens, and the Force intervenes, a light glows in your hands/ the hands of your father, and the man is miraculously cured.

If you go too far I'll let you know. But try to give me/us some detail about what you're doing.

Also, insight into your character's thoughts are welcome. Internal monologs can provide character development. I know there have been several stories that I have read in which i would have liked to have known more about someone's motivations. So if something happens, like say an explosion occurs, you can write stuff like, though stunned by the sudden eruption of boxes, the icy tendrils of fear crept up Jonathan's legs. 'If I die today, what would happen to my sister.' Or something along those lines.

This is a narrative rpg. Take the scene and play with it. I want you to feel involved in the story, and not just a passenger. Yes there will be some railroading to get everyone together eventually, so i will have something to say if I feel the story is not moving in the right direction. But please feel free to expand on a thought, or an action. Help me describe the scene. There is an EDIT button, so we can always change things.

I will do my best to give you what I feel are two options. Or at least make my posts open-ended so that you can choose what to do. If you only want to put down that you "walk the corridors in hopes of finding a death stick dealer, as Troy feels they contributed to his mother's suicide" then fine, but that at least gives me a direction to go. If you're objective is to kill all death stick dealers, fine we'll work on that.

All I ask is that you don't kill everyone. That's just silliness. I think we're all old enough to realize which NPCs might be important to a story, and which ones are not. If you really feel that a scene calls for an execution of an NPC please PM and we'll talk.

Mittens
    Mittens

Post  Mittens Mon May 21, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm gunna have fun with this. *evil grin*

Actual Player's post:
    "As I walk along toward the next quest, 100 ninjas ambush me out of the trees. I sigh, take out my sword and cut them all down with one swing. 'Amateurs.'"

XD
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 am

Mittens wrote:I'm gunna have fun with this. *evil grin*

Actual Player's post:
    "As I walk along toward the next quest, 100 ninjas ambush me out of the trees. I sigh, take out my sword and cut them all down with one swing. 'Amateurs.'"

XD

Hilarious ... but I'd give the player 0 XP for that post ... It's all in the details. Details! Details! DETAILS!
    jvango66
    jvango66

Character sheet
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty Skype

Post  jvango66 Thu May 24, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm home on days off through Sunday, then on vacation the 29th through the 10th. You want to Skype or whatever, let me know
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Thu May 24, 2012 3:03 pm

jvango66 wrote:I'm home on days off through Sunday, then on vacation the 29th through the 10th. You want to Skype or whatever, let me know

We'll see what we can arrange.

Are you enjoying this PbP so far?
    jvango66
    jvango66

Character sheet
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  jvango66 Thu May 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Salow wrote:
    jvango66 wrote:I'm home on days off through Sunday, then on vacation the 29th through the 10th. You want to Skype or whatever, let me know

I'm going to need a little more in the way of background of why my character is where he is (I may have missed something), but overall it's not TOO bad
    Salow
    Salow
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

Post  Salow Fri May 25, 2012 12:25 am

jvango66 wrote:
    Salow wrote:

I'm going to need a little more in the way of background of why my character is where he is (I may have missed something), but overall it's not TOO bad

Okay, I'll try to work your background in on the next post or so.
    What, if you can narrow it down, would make this a better game for you? I realize the style isn't the best way for you to play, but perhaps there's something I could do differently to make it more enjoyable? This is my first foray into the PbP as a GM, so any feedback is GOOD feedback.
    jvango66
    jvango66

Character sheet
    Class & Level:
    Aspects:

OoC (Out of Character conversation) Empty OoC: Rogarr

Post  jvango66 Fri May 25, 2012 12:56 am

One thing that I think I get from the others' posts: I'm to go to Dweem to pick up legion?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:30 am